Wednesday, June 6, 2012

31.

Turning 30  last year was hard. I ritualistically counted my gray hairs and lamented over not being a twentysomething anymore. Bye bye, youth.

This past weekend I turned 31. While it was not nearly as painful as last year’s milestone, I still don’t know how I’m 31 and the momma of a spunky and spirited little boy who is almost TWO!

How can it be that it’s been nearly three decades since I looked like this?


I’m willing to bet I wouldn’t look quite as adorable in pigtails and a bonnet these days.
But no regrets. I wouldn’t give up the privilege of being here on earth another year to blow out the candles and celebrate my life with the amazing people in it. Not everyone has the opportunity to grow older, take advantage of exciting new opportunities, laugh and cry and laugh some more with good friends, and watch their babies turn into little people right before their eyes.
I’m 31. And I’m thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment